If you have concerns whether your propane gas system is working properly, call Clean Gas and we will send one of our trained technicians to perform a Gas Safety Check. This important safety and preventative maintenance inspection takes roughly an hour and your propane system will be tested for leaks, and checked to ensure it meets all applicable safety standards. Testing consists of checking your entire propane gas system, including the tank, pipes, regulators, gauges, connectors, valves, vents, thermostats, pilots, burners and appliance controls. When completed, you can be assured that your system is safe and in good working condition, and Clean Gas will put a certified gas tight sticker on your system.
If you think you smell propane in your home, or the area around any gas equipment; or if a gas alarm signals the presence of propane, you should immediately do the following:
- Extinguish all smoking materials and turn off any open flames
- Vacate the building or vehicle immediately
- Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, thermostats or telephones in the suspected affected area
- Turn your main gas shutoff valve to the off position, remember (righty, tighty)
- Call Clean Gas and/or your local fire department from a cell phone or neighbor’s phone
- Do no re-enter the building until advised to do so